English عربي
 
الاشتراك بالقائمة البريدية
الاسم:
الوظيفة:
البريد الالكتروني:
الدولة:

 
 


Banner




The Official Website of A. Arjan - Ajloun
dsc_3049
dsc_3049
Image Detail
dsc_3063
dsc_3063
Image Detail
dsc_3068
dsc_3068
Image Detail
dsc_3084
dsc_3084
Image Detail
dsc_3098
dsc_3098
Image Detail
dsc_3158
dsc_3158
Image Detail
dsc_3253
dsc_3253
Image Detail
dsc_3262
dsc_3262
Image Detail
_arj2884
_arj2884
Image Detail
_arj2886
_arj2886
Image Detail
_arj2900
_arj2900
Image Detail
_arj2904
_arj2904
Image Detail
_arj2906
_arj2906
Image Detail
_arj2910
_arj2910
Image Detail
_arj2912
_arj2912
Image Detail
_arj2921
_arj2921
Image Detail
_arj2940
_arj2940
Image Detail
_arj2943
_arj2943
Image Detail
_arj2950
_arj2950
Image Detail
 

Ajloun also written (Ajlun) (Arabic: عجلون‎) is the capital town of the Ajloun Governorate (although it is not the largest city in the governorate). A hilly town in the north of Jordan, located 76 kilometers (around 47 miles) north west of Amman. It is noted for its impressive ruins the 12th century castle which known nowadays as Ajlun Castle. The Ajlun Governorate has a population of over 130 thousand widespread in twenty seven villages and towns and area about 420 km2. The population of Ajlun Governorate is mainly composed of the following tribes:Al-Sharee(الشرع), Almomani, Alsmadi, Qudah, Freihat, Al-Zghoul , and others. Haddad and Rabadi are the main Christian tribes in Ajloun.Ajloun ate has four seats in the national parliament one of which is dedicated for the christian minority.

Ajlun Castle is located on the site of an old monastery. It was built in 1184 by Izz al-Din Usama, a general in the army of Saladin. The castle controlled traffic along the road connecting Damascus and Egypt. The fortress marks the furthest limit of Frankish incursions during the Crusades. The Mamluks added a prominent tower to the castle. It was captured by the Mongols in 1260 and was partially destroyed in the process.

Located in the center of Ajlun is the Great Ajlun Mosque. This mosque is one of the oldest extent in Jordan and dates back around 800 years. In 2007 work began on improving the mosque to allow tourists to visit it.

Tell Mar Elias is located just outside the city limits. This site contains Byzantine mosaics which are uncovered during the summer months for tourists.

The Ajloun Forest Reserve is also located nearby.

 

 
 
Powered by Phoca Gallery



?>
Banner
Banner
Banner


القادم أجمل



© 2010 جميع الحقوق محفوظة عبد الرحيم العرجان